View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:20 PM       
I say, fuck your stupid examples. You completely misunderstood. I never even said torture was the only way to get intelligence, i said it's one of a few different ways.

One of the most important things to winning a war is having information about the enemy. Torture is a way to get information you couldn't get otherwise.
You think the people torturing other people are sitting there thinking, "OH MAN THINK OF HOW SCARED THESE TERRORISTS WILL BE NOW". No. I find that contention absurd. They want INFORMATION because INFORMATION often wins wars. If INFORMATION isn't important than neither would ESPIONAGE and SPIES. They provide the SAME thing just through DIFFERENT AVENUES.

You guys are absolutely right torture doesn't work at all you know i heard the last guy they tortured gave them a BREAD RECIPE.

I didn't mean to say that torture can't be used as a terror tool either, just that it's not the primary purpose

As for the morality I think it was aristotle who was a supporter of torture, although I think it was in a judicial context there's still some relevance. I'll have to see if he had an argument for it or something, But don't you guys think it's immoral to have access to information that could save lives and not use it? Aren't you essentially allowing them to die?