View Single Post
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 02:25 PM        Re: Return of the King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore
I just got back from the midnight showing and, no great shock here, it was an amazing cinematic experience. The Battle of the Pelennor Fields is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the greatest battle sequence ever. The story is mostly true to the books, but there were some elements missing. Hopefully, they'll be found in the extended editions. I'll spare the spoilers for now. Despite the gradeur of events at Minas Tirith, Frodo and Sam's story doesn't become a side-show, and it's not at all disappointing when they leave the battle to check their progress. All in all, the expected fantastic conclusion to a fantastic trilogy. Not to get my sore ass into bed. I'll comment more later.
frodo and sam become anything BUT a sideshow. i like sam about 500 times more after seeing this film.

as for the entire movie trilogy, i shake my head whenever i think of how unbelivably powerful and outstanding it is. too goddamned brilliant. third movie was more than ace... i cant even find the word for it right now...the catapult scene, the legolas/mumakil scene, the dead army scene, eowyn/wiki fight, it was more than epic, it unbelievable. somehow fucking great movies such as these cause an "asshole" reaction where one feels the NEED to find something wrong. if parts of the book are missing and you feel vaguely slighted, thats fine, but dont, DONT bitch about the film itself. you're not going to find anything better than what we've seen here in terms of book adaptation, storytelling, and passion. this will be see again, and i'll be hanging on still, because it was so fucking well done.