Thread: claymation!
View Single Post
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM       
I have to admit it was hard to come back in here (mainly because I made the password a bunch of gibberish as an incentive not to) but when I saw that you took the time out of your day to comment on this thread, I felt I owed you some answers.

MLE- I agree, oil-based clay is really hard to work with especially when you're doing noir lighting with deep shadows. It just shows every flaw on a DSLR. It was my first time ever shooting with one, and it was kind of like starting over- I didn't feel like I knew anything, and was intimidated by the high pixel count and general workflow. Also, I'm sorry for peeing on your forehead.

Pentegarn- The film these characters is from is finished, I've just held off from showing it online because the plan was to submit it some festivals. There used to be lots of clips from different parts of it, but they're gone now. I kind of freaked out and got rid of that stuff. The Raisins made a huge impression on me, for sure. Those TV specials are still my favorite films using the technique. It's kinda cool, I got lots of advice and tips from the masters of this stuff while I was making this, and they've actually seen the film. It was like coming full circle. I only wish I could throw it up on the big screen. That's always been a childhood dream, something I'll just keep working towards until I get my face bashed in. Then I'll heal in the hospital, and keep going with it when I'm awake again.

Colonel Flagg- Thanks, man. Always learning. If Tadao doesn't beat me to death I'll make him his own clay puppet. If he beats me half to death, the puppet won't come out very good looking.

Tadao- (avoids eye contact) I'd think you'd have trouble posing me because of the rigor mortis, but if I ever die of natural causes, you're welcome to try. Seems like it would be more fun than donating my body to medical science. Also, I hear you sculpt... Is there something up somewhere I can look at? I like all kinds of sculpture.