View Single Post
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM       
Here are my pre-season picks for the MLB BASEBALL SEASON 2008 sponsored by Pepsi and Taco Bell!

Playoff teams in BEIGE BOLD

AL EAST -

1. BOSTON RED SOX
2. NEW YORK YANKEES
3. TAMPA BAY RAYS
4. TORONTO BLUE JAYS
5. BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Notes: I could of went with the boring Boston, New York, Toronto, Balitmore, Tampa ranking I did for the past two years and not be off-base, but I think the Devil Rays are a nice young team that could make some minor waves. Nothing special is happening in Toronto and the Orioles look as grim as the season finale of The Wire (hi-ohhhhhh).

AL CENTRAL -

1. DETRIOT TIGERS
2. CLEVELAND INDIANS
3. CHICAGO WHITE SOX
4. KANSAS CITY ROYALS
5. MINNESOTA TWINS

Notes: It will be fun to see the Tigers and Indians fight for the top spot in the AL Central. I give Tigers the slight edge because of their awesome line up, but I would not be suprised if Cleveland takes it. Meanwhile, the W. Sox, Royals, and Twins all have decent to mediocre teams that will duke it out for a meaningless third place. Good luck, guys!

AL WEST -

1. LOS ANGELES ANGELS
2. SEATTLE MARINERS
3. TEXAS RANGERS
4. OAKLAND A's

Notes: I know shit about this division, but the Angels didn't get much worse so I will give the nod to them. Seattle really looked like shit after they blew a pretty lofty lead last year heading into the playoffs. The Rangers get the third spot because the Oakland A's look terrible.

and now, my favorite league of all the leagues, NATIONAL LEAGUE!

NL EAST -

1. NEW YORK METS
2. PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
3. ATLANTA BRAVES
4. FLORDIA MARLINS
5. WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Notes: Even though I have the Mets on top like most smart baseball fans do. I would not count out the Phillies or even the Braves of winning this division. I was tempted to put the Phillies above the Mets but they invested in the chokejob that is Brad Lidge so fuck them. I could only pray for one of these teams to have a gigantic collapse at the end of the season again. Last year's was wonderful!

NL CENTRAL -

1. CHICAGO CUBS
2. MILWAUKEE BREWERS
3. HOUSTON ASTROS
4. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
5. CINCINNATI REDS
6. PITTSBURG PIRATES

Notes: I hope this year will be better for the Central but the only teams that got somewhat better are the Cubs and the Astros, while every other did nothing or got worse (or got Dusty Baker). The Brewers should still be able to be decent and give the Cubs a fight (the Astros rotation is too abysmal to compete ). Here's to barely making it above .500! Fukudome!

NL WEST -

1. ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
2. LOS ANGELES DODGERS
3. COLORADO ROCKIES
4. SAN DIEGO PADRES
5. SAN FRANSICO GIANTS

Notes: I feel the Diamondbacks are the best team in the National League with the Mets just a smidge behind them. It's amazing what a shit uniform change can do for your team. I'm saying Joe Torre is going to get the Dodgers act together to make a wild card run while the Rockies and Padres prove that their last season surges were merely apparitions. The Giants will have to at least make peace that Barry Bonds are not going to fuck up their shit anymore.

WORLD SERIES: DIAMONDBACKS IN 6 AGAINST THE TIGERS

THOSE ARE MY PICKS AND IM STICKING TO THEM (until the All-Star break where I will openly weep about the Cubs sucking. Stay tuned!)