View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM       
One of my best friends is the type of guy who will tell an extremely racist joke, prefacing and following it with the justification that he "heard it from a black guy". One of his jokes took about two minutes to tell and it was obvious where it was going. A Russian with a bottle of vodka, a Mexican with a bottle of tequila, and an American with a bottle of beer all take turns drinking while all of them were evidently armed. Russian takes a sip of vodka then shows off his culture's wealth in vodka assets by shooting the bottle, saying "We have so much vodka that we don't need to save the entire bottle". Mexican does the same for tequila. American drinks his entire beer, then shoots the Mexican using similar logic. The Russian asks him why, and he replies in turn that America has too many Mexicans that they all need not be saved.

I pointed out to him that the final step of explanation was mostly superfluous, that he should have stopped at "Then he shoots the Mexican". I added that, in fact, most of the jokes he tells could just be concluded with "Then he shoots the Mexican", so now he has the habit of telling a bad joke with no clear punchline and following it with "then he shoots the Mexican!"

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT