View Single Post
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM        Ladies and Gentlemen, I as you may have guessed, am an idiot
So funny thing happened to me on the 3rd. I was leaving the mall, and unbenowst to me i was being tailgated. I stopped at the intersection and looked both ways, the intersection is on a hill so when i took my foot off the break to shift i drifted bak 3 or 4 inches max. I heard a honk and looked back and the tailgater looked pissed. I heard no impact, felt no bump, nothing in a quite car with no radio on in a very small compact car, easy to hear right?

So on the way I asked the guys in back what the hell happened? They said that chick was tailgating us. when we drifted back she honked pretty bad cause we were close. They didn't feel a thing, not hear anything. My friend said he was in a wreck at less than 3 mph to a parked car and he heard it loud and clear and felt it too. So just to be sure i reenacted breaking ona hill so they'd all have perspective,t hey said we didn't hit her. So I went out and checked my car for scratches, nothing.

Yesterday i got something in my mail from her insurance. She called me in for hit and run and got my name. I gave a statement saying i was not drunk, we were all buckled in, and i was not on my cell phone.

She said her bumper is scratched (this being her insurance agent) and they are gonna pay for it and want to be reimbursed beit by me or my insurance (which would DOUBLE my rates) I said I'll take care of it one way or another and they said as long as they are reimbursed they won't give the cops the info for the hit and run.

So I'm either out the cost of a bumper, or I'm out an extra $400 EVERY 6 MONTHS. (keep in mind my other thread about how poor I am) But since one way or another I'll get it paid I won't get felony hit and run. And no one is injured so that's good.

Did I mention she's related to the former MO governer Bob Holden?

How do you have an accident and 4 people not know it? Did my muffler scratch her?

So..... should i report it to my insurance to protect against hit and run? Or should I just pay it and hope everything is all right?

To recap. I am a MORON!

advice?