View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM        Is Camelot over?
I have a lot on my mind. Staying away from the boards while I visited my family this weekend was a good time, and I had a chance again to connect with real people in a non-pseudo-intellectual bar.

A few months ago when the recession was only starting to loom larger, I had a customer tell me that the situation at that point was far worse than anyone was being told, per the evidence of banks seeing fewer and fewer people coming in for loans. When I began to see how right she was, I told myself that this was probably the last economic slump before it would rise again and, after a period of maybe a few years but likely a few decades, it would begin to climb downwards for a very, very long time.

There's no doubt that the 21st century is doomed for economic and humanitarian devastation. I merely have been telling myself that it wouldn't be all that visible or devastating until around 2020 or so.

Please, please, someone show me that I was right then, and I'm not correct in my present view that this recession is not going to end for at least another fifty years.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT