View Single Post
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
1. Privatization never reduces corruption. If anything it takes it out of public scrutiny and no one knows what the hell is up anymore.
I disagree.

Quote:
2. competing schools - not a good idea. Then you are giving more money to the schools that need it least and what's to stop a "private" principal from just expelling students they thought would bring down their average. If you did the opposite, giving money to improve the lesser performing schools, well then you have a race to the bottom of who can be worst. Usually schools that perform badly are inner city public schools which crime and poverty are already rampant. Reinforcing it by not sending them as much tax subsidy would just make it worse than it already is.
What's to stop them? For one, it would probably be against some law or other. For another, it would drastically harm that schools reputation.

How would money be given to the schools that need it least? It's given on a basis of how many students are where.

Quote:
3. The left-wingers think privatizing everything is the solution. Not so. If it would've worked in the past when everything was private, we wouldn't have the large scale programs that were introduced during the 20's which resulted in the president getting reelected 4 times, scaring the crap out of conservatives such that they put limits on how many terms a pres. could serve.
The left-wingers most certainly do not think that privatizing everything is the answer. Also, I think you mean the 1930s. In any case, some theorize that it was government involvement in the economy that caused the Great Depression anyway.

Quote:
4. Yes I agree that there is a lot of waste in the way the beauracracy is run. Perhaps there should be revamping rather than scrapping of the systems. Everyone is so quick to just give up on it and say "screw it, just get rid of it and privatize it so i don't have to worry about the headache". Problem is, in doing it so people no longer want to worry about it, then they REALLY don't worry about it.
I still think that competition is the best cure for inefficiency. I don't like government as rule, anyway.