View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 03:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx View Post
Please demonstrate a history (academically referenced) where:

1. There ever was a nation state, kingdom or self governed principality called "Palestine."
2. That Palestine = Arab nation.
3. That the regional renaming of Israel, Judea and Samaria into "Syria-Palistina/Palestine" was not an act of supersessionist anti-Semitism (committed by the Byzantines)
3. That "Palestinians" were not a politically, and anti-Semitically concocketed nation created to delegitimize Jewish claim on present day Israel.
It doesn't matter one bit. They're both living there now, and nobody here is really jumping to the defence of Hamas. The general view is that Hamas are awful, but they are going to keep attacking Israel because Israel keeps attacking them. Do you honestly think that a huge campaign into Gaza by Israel, killing civilians and ruining what little infrastructure is left, is going to lead to anything but retaliation? It works vice versa, of course, but Israel is the so called democracy, and people expect them to be civil and just and generally be more ethical than a terrorist group.

So when we see the wildly heavy handed retaliation (and pretty much every attack by either side is always going to be a retaliation to something) we are all going to feel angry that so many civilians have died. I don't jump for joy when an Israeli civilian gets killed, I doubt Matt Jack does either, but being detached from the situation as we are, we look at the one sided statistics rather than anything on a personal level.

You might be more knowledgeable on the history of Israel, and you might know that the Palestinians were created just to piss them off, and I can understand that you feel inclined to defend Israel because of what the state means to you, just as I hope you can understand that a lot of people will have an automatic sense that more civilians killed = wrong, but I do think you have to step back and think of what is going to solve the situation, rather than who is right and who deserves to die more.

There isn't much hope in the region, and nobody seems to have much hope FOR the region either, So instead of this becoming the merry go round that it usually becomes, and ignoring Geggy posts, I'd like to at least know what you think would solve the problem there.