View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The classic controller isn't really retro, though, it's basically the Xbox/PlayStation layout.

Which every controller should adhere to by law, because it works perfectly well 100% of the time.
not really; i find having the analog sticks at the bottom of the controller annoying because i always accidentally hit them. for games that don't use the digital pad, you're then holding the controller at a stupid angle to use the sticks.

360 probably has the best traditional console controller. my point to whats-his-fuck though is that in gaming's past, the controller would be developed in tandem with a game. now, software is designed long after the controller comes out and has to awkwardly conform to it. part of what i liked about the wii's promise was a return to the "retro" ideology of an industry that sells experiences instead of software (what happened in actuality is that faggots couldn't deal and were so nestled in their gamepad niche that they just mapped gamepad controls and tacked on waggle, probably because nintendo made them make a concession).