View Single Post
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM       
The Sweeping Mine:
A Minesweeper Fanfiction

by King Hadas

Wallace Runnerdail had cleared his share of fields. Big and small, think and thin, and superficially this one didn't seem all that special. It was a nine by nine yard field with maybe eighty-one spaces, quite generic actually but something felt wrong. He went to work pushing down tiles to reveal clear patches of metallic ground which in turn would set of more tiles, and on said ground he could see numbers.

Every sweeper knows about the twos and the threes and the fours and what they mean. Some sort of algorithm to decide the chance of meeting a mine and than in turn meeting the mine-reaper. Some sweepers believed the numbers had a deeper intrinsic meaning; unifying the sweeper, the mine and the field into a great mine wheel of life and chance. They believed when they died they'd get a chance to be a mine or even a minefield being sweeped. Wallace learned all this at the Goosewind Minesweeping Academy for Young Boys of Questionable Moral Fiber (GMAYNQMF) though he didn't put much stock in any of it. He played the game by instinct alone and it gotten him this far. But something seemed wrong!

Wallace began to think back to when his evil twin brother had tried to kill him with a mine. He had stopped him by beating him to death with a mine that happened to be deactivated. Suddenly, Wallace broke down into tears!

"No, NO, stay focused Wallace, you damn lunatic. It's impossible, your brother is dead. It's impossible his been reincarnated as a mine and is stalking me as I speak to myself AT THIS VERY MOMENT!"

"Is it brother?" A rusty voice of steel literally chimes in.

Wallace's blood ran colder than a mine in a refrigerators inside a girl minesweepers panties. He spins around, but not quick enough! His brother Sogrog Runnerdail the mine lunges at him from atop the red number two! Wallace tries to leap away and succeeds! His brothers attack falls short and he explodes screaming "AWOOOGA!!!!!."

Wallace laughs riotously as he rushes onwards, happy and free until he hears a familiar clicking under his feet and then a not so familiar bippity-beep-bap-bop. He recognizes the bippity-beep-bap-bop from GMAYNQMF training videos and know his run atop a mine.

"...but HOW?" he exclaims with righteous indignation. "I'd already cleared this part!"

Wallace could not know that the mine field was his ex-minesweeper mother who he never visited. A mother's rage really is...explosive.