Thread: Grindhouse
View Single Post
Human Spider
rocketsauce is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
It was awesome when 8 fat middle aged people waddled out of the theater when planet terror ended saying "what a waste of money, they said it was 3 hours" Then about 20 minutes later most come back in presumably after arguing with the staff about the running time of the film, one of them grumbling about "now we have to watch another one", and about an hour in one girl asks her chubby hubby "what does this one have to do with the first part?"
Funny, but I still can't understand how this is happening so much. Are people really going in not knowing the "gimmick"? Who walks into the theater and randomly picks a movie that they know nothing about... especially now.

Anyway, I rate the concept and the total experience higher than the two movies themselves. Case of the sum being greater than the parts I guess. The trailers were great and I liked the restricted placards/cartoons (or whatever you call them). Those little touches added a lot because the movies were decent but not mind blowing. DP was uneven, but I think the problem was that the bar and diner dialogue was not up to par with the diner dialogue from Reservoir Dogs. If it had been, I don't think people would have minded as much.

Funniest moment: DP's missing reel... the whole theater groans in unison.