Thread: Terri Schiavo
View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 09:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
You would think though, that a licensed physician (neurologist? - whatever) should have to confirm whether or not she was truly braindead before anyone would be allowed to shut thigns off.
Yeah, I'm a bit confused about whether or not this has happened. I've heard some say she's a vegetable for all intents and purposes. However, I've also heard that in fifteen years she hasn't had comprehensive enough evaluation to truly determine that, especially since she's been kept under hospice care.

I dunno, the problem with this case is that there seems to be a lot of heresay floating around. I've heard that Michael Schiavo refuses to allow the hospice nurses to move her from her bed, causing the bed sores you may have seen on her face. I've heard he won't allow nurses to brush her teeth.

Others note that he has turned down large sums of money offered to him in exchange for her life and guardian status. But to me it seems like he will benefit simply from an emotional position. He has a new life, a new family, and Terri simply lingers as a constant reminder that he can never truly move forward without considering her. So while I think Terri's parents are certainly motivated by the selfish desire to preserve their daughters life, Michael also seems to have his own selfish motivations.