View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:09 PM       
With as much perspective I can input as Asian Muslim Male within the ages of 18-25, I will admit that I haven't been discriminated at all since 9/11, and I know that there are tons upon tons of muslims that fall in the same demographic as me that think that because they get an extra pat down on at the airport that the jews and the illuminati are out to get them and that bush is urinating on a koran somewhere. In reality they're living there life in as much prosperity and comfort as any WASP.

Part of this is that teens will get discriminated anyways just because they're teens. I just assume that if anyone clenches they're purse tighter when sitting next to me on the train, it's because I haven't shaved in 4 days and I look like I'm from the Manson family or something, not my skin color. It's human nature to feel victimized, or want to feel victimized.

The other part is that as a muslim living in a post 9/11 world there is a level of prejudice. Just as soon as the first muslim congressman is inaugurated FOX runs stories questioning if he has ties to terrorism. Barack Obama goes to school in Indonesia and he gets accused of being a terrorist. Cat Stevens converts to Islam and isn't allowed to comeback into the United States because he's on the no-fly list for possibly being a terrorist. I'm sure you can try to justify all these reaction 3 ways to hell, but the way it looks to a muslim that is just minding his or her own business it kinda pisses you off, because of the McCarthyism feel it has to it.