View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM       
define what the fuck you mean by "wholesome foods" because every fattie in the history of fatness will claim they they "eat right" and "don't eat much at all". I've also heard stories of people feeling certain cookies were health foods because they contained cinnamon, which theoretically has antioxidants.

also "starvation mode" isn't real either.

---

actually i'll just go ahead and give you my response instead of pretending yours will change my answer:

there are no such thing as "health foods". there are foods that come from different (oft unprovable) sources that 99% of the time your body cannot distinguish between other types of food, and there are foods that contain certain proportions of macronutrients. eating organic or vegan will not make you healthy or lean (in fact, vegan diets are fucking awful for losing weight that isn't muscle mass), macronutrients are just a term for fats/carbs/proteins/alcohols.

if you're fat, you need to eat below maintenance calories to lose weight. you should also eat above a certain level if you aren't on awesome drugs (get some awesome drugs btw, i recommend the e/c stack here), and you should do this not because your body will go into STARVATION MODE and keep your fat around for safekeeping because that doesn't happen and you aren't a fucking hibernating bear, but you should eat at least a little in order to keep yourself from getting the fat munchies later on down the road and consuming the dairy queen and king and their peasantry.

getting back to the discussion of macros: your body doesn't need carbs to survive. you can discard them. your body only needs essential fatty acids and protein; the former you can get in a surplus from 40 calories of fish oil a day--discard the rest. this leaves protein, which is both tremendously filling (moreso than carbs or fats) and is actually useful to your body in terms of maintaining musculature in times of caloric deficit. if you really do throw out all your fats and carbs btw you will also need to supplement magnesium, calcium, and potassium that you would otherwise get from whole food sources. you're 200 lbs so i don't think a crash diet like that is necessary.

if your weight goals are stalling, first make sure you're actually eating at a deficit by counting your calories. fatties pretty much universally lowball their intakes and highball their exercise deficits ("hardgainers" do the opposite), so don't cheat, either. then, check your macros. if you're trying to lose max weight, you can go for a 1% fat 0% carb 99% protein split, which would leave you at about 800 Calories/day (this is prty much how i lost most of my weight in a few months). if you would like to be less insane about it, do something like a 20% 20% 60% split. right now i'm doing a 40% fat 20% carb 40% protein split and i'm still losing fat while currently at about 13% bodyfat and 175 lbs. your protein should be constant regardless of the split (~200g/~800kcal), so anything else you add will negatively contribute to your weight loss until you get lean, at which point you can start being me and worry about insulin levels.