View Single Post
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
What about movies that depict young underage people being abused? How is that different? The movie Hounddog had 12 year old Dakota Fanning being raped in one scene. She is a real girl not just a drawing. She was actually underage at the time, not an older actress playing someone underage. Did the actor who played the man who raped her get in trouble? Did the director? What about the writer? No, no one did. Why not? Because there was no real victim or real crime. It was a work of fiction, the same as manga.
I think it's different in many ways - first of all I doubt Dakota Fanning was shown nude in the movie, or that the rape act was depicted very graphically. Had they shown the entire sexual act in all its...graphicness...I'm pretty sure there'd be some legal actions taken afterwards.

Secondly, I think the message or intent with the whole thing matters. Surely there's a difference between just revelling in nudity and sex and violence just for kicks, or conveying some sort of moral message. I think movies that deal with the horrible sides of life and society are extremely important - I don't see how it's important to draw volumes and volumes of comic art that's all about old men peeking at nude girls.

Sweden is usually pretty liberal about these things, so this recent case kind of surprised me. Especially since he had a very legitimate reason to keep the comics there in the first place.