View Single Post

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 06:47 AM       
Yes, what exactly was that about Uri Gellar? I thought I'd seen him on TV not too long ago, among other things in reference to his friendship with Michael Jackson and a lawsuit regarding a spoon-carrying Pokemon named something-Gellar.

I there any good place to read up on Cryptozoology? I never knew there was a collective name for modern mythical creatures.

For a long time now, I've held the belief that death simply means poof, you're gone. I theorize that whatever bio-electric and chemical processes go about in the brain constantly leave an imprint of sorts, and when a person dies, that imprint rapidly fades - which would be why they can sometimes still be brought back during the first few minutes that follow. Because of that, I don't necessarily believe in ghosts. If I did, I would probably think (like Spectre X) that they're a kind of emotional echo, but I also think that there would have to be human or natural energies that allow such an echo to stay behind. But I would not believe that ghosts are actual persons, who can be talked or reasoned with. Nor do I think they could influence anything material, save maybe energies.

I once had a discussion with my brother in which we theorized about the human soul. He said that after death, there is an inexplicable weightloss to the body that some believe is the vacation of the soul. I added to that that the soul must be an incredibly raw, limited piece of personality, because a person is born without memories or anymore than instinctuous abilities. Perhaps it's enough to determine what kind of person one grows out to be, but I think it's influence would be minimal. Not that I believe in souls, but it was fun to theorize anyway.