View Single Post
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
Is government inherently evil?
No. People are inherently evil. And governments are run by people. So in time, yes, all governments will succumb to evil.

Quote:
Most free market liberal thinkers, even Adam Smith, believed even in progressive taxation. Things take money to function. It seems to me that Libertarians would rather have a society with no police, no reliable mail, no libraries, no security services, or ANYTHING governmental in application, JUST as long as they can keep all of their money. This attitude, to me, seems contrary to the very notion of citizenship.
police: required to enforce the law nessecary to protect the citizen from having his inherent rights stripped by another citizen.

reliable mail: What in gods name are you smoking? Private companies are FAR more reliable that government agencies. Why do you think top companies and businesses use Fedex? And why shut it down? BECAUSE WE'RE PAYING FOR IT. WE OWN IT.

libraries: Why would we want libraries to be illegal?

security services: see police

anything governmental: ONLY enough to secure the liberty and property of each citizen and no more.

Quote:
Don't you think middle-class Americans would rather have social security benefits there for them, or a reasonable health plan, rather than the couple hundred dollars back to buy, what was it, lots of new furniture...? And often, when this link is made for tax payers, they choose the former.
YA! THOSE STUPID FUCKERS DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE HOW THEY WANT TO SPEND THEIR OWN GOD DAMN MONEY. What is so terrifying to you people about people being allowed to pay for services they desire when they desire them? Why can I not choose my investments ans retirment plans in place of social security? WHY CAN'T WE MAKE OUR OWN DECISIONS????