View Single Post
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 12:02 AM       
Its strange to me how all of the responses to arguments I make eventually revert to telling me that thats just not the way things are, so I should accept it. I'm aware of the state our country is in. I'm aware of the motives and intentions of the framers of this country. That is all irrelevant. Ideas and principles have nothing to do with any of that.

Our country is not fully Lockean in principle, that is for sure. However its not fully liberal, or conservative, or republican, or democratic. Thats our jobs. We are supposed to take stands as citizens of our country. Its my duty to uphold what I believe in because I believe in it.

More on the topic: The government operates by forceable coercion. Businesses operate by competition and greed. You'll find no virtue where power is sought, but mark my words the method makes all the difference. I turst the man working to persuade me into letting him serve me more than the man working to persuade me into serving him.

You seem to think that public services can't possibly exist without the involvement of government. I can't even begin to fathom where this came from. There are numerous reasons why private institutions or communities could start libraries or transportation.

Education in my opinion should most definitely have no ties to the government.

You misunderstood me concerning police force. I think thats one of the few institutions that should not be privatized. I thought I made that clear.

Quote:
So CB, I'm thus assuming that you will not be receiving social security payments when you reach the eligible age...?
Where have you been? Of course I won't. I will howver, be paying for my parents who in turn will also not get any.