View Single Post
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:12 AM       
I hate to be the uppity asshole here but there is a big difference between stoner and doom. People that do the "stoner/doom" label for thier bands are considered posers and incredibly gay by many. That being said, most stoner stuff is a variation of southern rock, just a little heavier. And some of it is pretty good (Leadfoot is a local favorite in these parts). The term "stoner metal" is invalid, most metal heads are stoners in some form, "stoner rock" has become a popular choice of label because rock's cool again. Alot of the stoner rock/metal bands are really in a scene popularity contest (go to the Hellride Music forums to see that in action, particularly the Doom Metal forum. Or you can even go the the detestable and protested doom-metal.com to see it).

When it comes to doom, not all of it is slow, and most of the best doom does not have the screamer vocals. I prefer clean vocals myself.