Thread: Board games
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 03:55 AM       
That has to count for something

Other than the Videogame, the Cardgame of Bloodbowl is extremely simple to pick up and play. It´s just a...what´s it called in English...a take-that-game?
Each player plays one card on his turn and after 6 turns, the player with the stronger card attached to each match wins it. Each player takes his personal reward and the winner also get´s an additional, bigger reward, depending on the match or tournament played. Is that what you would call a take-that game? I´m not really sure.

So far I like it (in theory, might try it out with some friends tonight), the different teams all have a slightly different Focus in their 12-card starting deck (Skaven cycly through the deck very fast, Dwarfs are good at tackling and keeping the ball, Chaos cheats like crazy, etc.). In addition to the simple core-gameplay, each player can get team- and equipment-upgrades by winning specific rewards which mixes things up a bit.
I´d say a typical 2-player-game (which is shortened again by only playing 4 rounds instead of 5) should last around 30mins which seems kinda nice to me.

I´ll try to bring out either this or King of Tokyo tonight I guess