View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 11:54 AM       
It also raises the question of what would happen if Vinth were confronted with Fractyl Geometry. He seems to think if the Math is too complicated, it can't be true.

The true maxim would be if the mth is too complicated, Vinth can't understand it.

He should look at a very simple computer simulation called 'life'. Given six rules, pixels develop replication, predation, motion...

I guess Vinth thinks God hates complexity as much as Vinth does. Me? I think he works in mysterious ways. But that's just a bizarre minority opinion and probably all Jewish. I think Vinth would admit that, if you asked him honestly.

I just feel bad he thinks religion and science are mutually exclusive. I mean, even Popes don't think that anymore. I also think it's sad he feels the the argument from design ever intended to explain anything about God's nature and supports Hinduism, Islam, and a belief in Slappy the Almighty Clown-Weasel as nice as it explains Catholoscism. I like it when he tries to get all smart though. It's kind of cute in a queasy way.