View Single Post

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:04 AM       
*SIGH*

When are we going to stop class warfare? I figured we have advanced further along in society then to sit there and whine about "haves/have nots".

The entire concept of people "having too much" money is absurd. We, as a capitalist society, promote and encourage the ability for a man to earn what he can and what he wants to earn within the rule of law. If this man wants to make billions of dollars and horde it until the day he dies, he has every right to. It's not up to you, me, the goverment, or anyone else to decide who has "enough".

Deciding who should have what is what leads to Islamofacists, communists, etc. I don't judge the rich because they have the ability to earn money. I want to be rich as well, and I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me that I have "enough" money and I should be satisfied! What happens if someone gets into power and decides that the only thing Americans should have is a roof, food, and a bed? Would anyone in their right mind consider that enough?

I can tell you the difference between 5 million and 500 million, Max: The person with 500 million had the ability to earn 495 million more than the guy with 5 million. That is capitalism. It has been shown from time and memorial to be the way human beings are wired to run their economic societies.

It also amazes me that the Democrats will slash each other's achilies tendons to get to the podium and talk about the "poor, poor, pitiful poor" and the "evil rich" will pass leglisation that hurts the "poor" more than it does the "rich". -- I have a realitive that is a self-contracting construction company owner. He has came into a lot of business (especially in this "poor, awful, outsourcing, pitiful economy"!) and stands to make a bit of money. No one would ever confuse him with being rich. Democrats would raise our taxes because they are so fucking short-sighted they think that people with gold mansions and rocket cars are going to be the only ones affected. Since my realitive, as a small business owner would file his taxes under his own name, he would be hit hard by a tax increase. He would be forced to let go of workers or not take on projects since the rate of work he would have to put into those projects would not equal the rate of reward. But they don't tell you that on the news.

Freedoms, whether it be economic, social, religious, political, etc., are not for the weak, the whiny, the jealous or the spiteful. They are for people who want everyone to be able to have the chance to succede on their own accords, within the boundries of their own making or choice, rather than boundries made by human beings who think it is their right to tell people who should have what.