View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 08:53 AM       
A few nights ago, I dreamed that I went walking to an IGA (which, in my experience, was always a dirty little itsy-bitsy country grocery store, although I know there are bigger ones). I knew right where it was and everything.

So I go, and for whatever reason I'm not at all surprised to walk in and find it to be a small, dusty room. It's more like a dingy indoor flea market than a grocery store, and the perimeter of the room is ringed with people who are seated around dirty card tables, smoking and sneaking looks at me. I look around and find, to my dream-delight, a bunch of my most beloved 80s toys, mint in package.

So I gather as many as I can in my arms and take them to the ugly, surly-looking checkout lady. I reach in my pocket for money and find I have none. I'm about to ask her if she can hold the items until I can find my money, when I notice the pile is missing some things. I whip my head around and see some of the toys being hoarded on the card tables by people around the room. In the dream, I am absolutely sure that this is because they figured the toys were worth something and stole them from my pile.

I hand the toys to the checkout lady and run out the door, supposedly to get home and get my money. But when I go outside, everything has changed. The road I used to walk to the store is no longer there, and in its place is a dusty trail that leads off into some cliffy wilderness. There's a sign that says INDIANA DUNES 10 MI.

Uh, ok, I think. I used to live near there, I kinda know where that is. So I set off that way, only to be diverted into some sort of sparkly sandstone cave that travels up the side of a cliff. Rocks are falling on me and I find a big stone garbage can that I somehow upend and wear over my head to protect me. So I'm creeping through this cavern with a stone garbage can over my head, up this sandstone trail.

I end up in some sort of giant waste-management center. It's like a large square gymnasium. I walked in the door, still crouching with the stone trashcan on my head, and up a long staircase by a window. I put my hand down on a windowsill to support myself and hundreds of spiderlings crawl out around it. I yank my hand away and proceed up the staircase, arriving at the top to find the room full to the ceiling with discarded plastic garbage cans. And there are spiders all over the place, every type of spider.

The bf is there and says he can get rid of the spiders. And I don't remember what he did, but out of nowhere there appeared thousands of cats, who just stood there Care Bear Stare style, and the spiders were all herded to a table in the middle of the room.

I woke up, but I was pissed that I never got back to the store and got my mint-in-box toys.