View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 03:15 AM       
And here I go again. Here are some questions that you can ask yourself before you buy one of the big consoles:

What games do I want?
What kind of controller might be better?
Do I care about online gaming?
Do I care about the price of the whole thing?
Do I care about Blu-Ray?
Do I care about how loud my System can get?

Let´s view this from your perspective, meaning, you don´t have either.

Concerning games, it doesn´t matter that much, most games are multiplatform anyway and the few exclusives are generally not really worth it I guess. (That goes for PS3-Exclusives and it´s just my opinion).

Controller-wise, most people agree that the 360 Contoller is the better one (yes, even many PS3-Owners), but apart from the messed up L2 and R2 Buttons, the PS3-Pad is almost as good as the PS2-Pad. I still like the 360-thing better.

Onlinegaming is of course possible on both systems, the only difference is, that Xbox-Live costs a bit of money, but is better organized as the PS3 Counterpart as far as I know. If you want to play with screaming little idiots is a whole different affair. You get those on both systems, part of the package.

Price...well, the 360 is cheaper, but Xbox-Live costs a bit and you may have trouble with the inferior...erm...Hardware-integrity. Meaning, the 360 breaks down more often than the PS3 and has less manufacturing-quality.

Blu Ray...well, the PS3 has it and the 360 doesn´t, it´s that simple.

And the Noise-Level...the 360 can get extremely loud while the PS3 is pretty silent in comparison.

And finally, my own point of view. I have a 360 since it launched, because it was the first next-gen console. If the PS3 had been first, I´d bought one of those instead. The whole thing with the PS3 having no games available is solved by now, both systems have largely the same lineup of games with only minimal differences between versions that no normal person cares about. The few exclusives that the PS3 has are no reason for me to spend another 400 bucks, but if you don´t have either of the systems...well I guess it´s up to you.
Both systems are good, with the PS3 being the more solid piece of plastic, in terms of quality of the parts used.
But apart from that, I think the 360 is slightly better, because of the (in my opinion) better controler, better online service and cheaper price. You just have to get used to it breaking down once every year or so...but I guess they should be able to produce more endurable versions by now, mine is still from around the launch.