View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM       
I think it's possible that different people pursue power for different reasons. But here's some quick thoughts!:

Perhaps when we look at some of these people with a lot of power already, and think, why do they need a few extra billion, what we are not considering is that they might not necessarily care about being more powerful than you and me. Instead, they may be competing with other rich and powerful people, who may have the same amount of money as them -- or more.

Similarly, they may continue to attempt to gain power because they are afraid that someone may usurp their position and/or take their power away. Much like with PHYSICAL POWER, if you want to keep your muscles you have to stay in good shape and always be working out and striving to keep on top. Otherwise, you will gradually lose your power, while the world around you gains power.

Plus they could just like it, just like you like to have some type of intellectual power. Perhaps you don't really need to know more, yet you keep struggling for it. Everybody wants some sort of power over others...

I like Neitzsche's thoughts on power, though.

Oh and preechr is quoting the great american philosopher HUGH AKSTON who became a hamburger salesman! A HAMBURGER SALESMAN! with that, "If the conclusion doesn't follow, check your premises" thing.

as witnessed in the works of Ayn Rand.

Also i think that Bush will go down as the greatest president ever for encouraging all of us to buy gas efficient cars and get out of our suburbans/fix all kinds of other problems because he made them so obvious. Thank you, MR PRESIDENT.