View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM       
Our friend Preechr is a douche bag.

Ya see what I did there? Rather than addressing Preechr, I brought him up in passing, like I do my uncle who lives in Los Alamos.

Anyway, I actually think you're a tiny bit right. While the blogs have little effect on actual policy, they have enabled citizens to defy the hurdle of access (which is what talk radio had done as well, but why let a good point get in Preechr's way). Traditional news outlets were expected to present a narrative for the reader/listener/watcher, and to inform them of the goings-on of society (all bias debates aside). Everyone on this board knows how talk radio molded debates, kept hot issues alive, and even influenced elections. Blogs are doing the same thing today, and probably haven't even hit their prime like talk radio already has.

"The real big thing that has happened with the blossoming of political blogging is that the most zealous of either side of the political spectrum can now have their very own shot at shaping the political "messages" we hear."

I think this is a great point. However, your lack of understanding over the role blogs have played, and will increasingly play, in political fundraising is glaring (but once again, has never stopped you before). The ability to share lists, donors, and supporters inexpensively online has enabled the less desirables of the Democratic Party (electorally, it has had more of an impact for Dem. candidates thus far, the Right needs to catch up on that end) to run stronger campaigns, despite the desire perhaps of the DCCC to stifle those folks.

Please proceed with a discussion on the welfare state. I get goosebumps when you do that.....