KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
YOU'RE an incredibly foolish argument!
Touche.

Quote:
Quote:
Most of the blogs tend to be polemics on the childish side. That never stopped talk radio from being VERY effective, so why would it stop on the internet???
Effective at WHAT? Getting people to act like children? Do you think people actually shape their opinions based on blogs? Or do they go to blogs, type their rah-rah-rah in the comments section, and then go out and vote EXACTLY the same way they'd have gone out and voted if they had never heard of the innernets? I don't think blogs are reaching a new audience. If you are looking up blogs on the internet, you are already politically active.
I think Preechr actually did a good job already of answering your question, but the reason I brought up Trent Lott is that Blogs played a (in)famous role in keeping his racism stuff alive, and not allowing to die down. Traditional media has a pretty short attention span if the issue isn't a "holy shit" story.

Think of blogs as the letters to the editor page in your local paper. They don't necessarily make a good point, true, but they keep the point circulating.

Think talk radio is to Monica Lewinsky, as blogs are to (whatever the Bush administration supposedly did wrong this week).