View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM        Annual pilgrimage to Foy's Halloween Wonderland! (lotsa pics)

In my version of Heaven, Foy's is right across the street from Jungle Jim's. It's one of those wonders you poor bastards outside Ohio may never get to experience, and that's truly a shame.

Despite having a tragically shitty online presence, Foy's still manages to be kickass. It started out as a general store, I think, and sort of morphed into a Halloween thing without entirely leaving the general store aspect behind. And it's not one store, but a whole series of stores that more or less takes up the entire block. There's one devoted to general-store stuff, one devoted to high-end props, one devoted to kids' costumes, and so on:

...I think it's safe to assume that a place that has demons capering on the roof and a guy vomiting toxic sludge by the front door is going to be worth a look.

To begin with, almost all of the stores are stuffed floor to ceiling with just about every kind of crap imaginable. An entire wall is devoted to "titty beads". Classy!

They've cleared out a bunch of candy-sales bowls and filled them with just about any little cheapo toy you could want. There's row upon row of that stuff, and if that doesn't satisfy you, there's row upon row of bigger stuff, floor to ceiling. I think you could literally spend all day in the place and still not see everything there was to see.

Hats, hats, hats! Heads to put in them!

After checking out at the penny candy counter and passing the puking guy on the way out, it's on to the next store:

You can live like a king for 10 bucks at the first place, but the second is more high-end props. And you never quite know when one is going to fly out at you. It's like a haunted house that's also a store. For 5 bucks, you can watch the guy in the chair get electrocuted.

...there are also several costume and makeup shops. I kinda liked the 666 satanic makeup.

How can you not love this place? My next mission is to go there at night...I think last year everything was open till midnight and some of the places are only open very late. I MUST EXPERIENCE IT ALL.

Last edited by Kitsa : Sep 21st, 2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: holy shit some of these pic sizes fucked up when I hit save. I'm working on it.