View Single Post
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
"They deserve better than beggars because they have demonstrated possibly productive skills. " -are you out of your fucking mind? Do you have any idea what that sounds like? So midlle class corporate crime is ok because these people have a suit on and an education?
Crime is not okay. I said they should be punished, very harshly if it fits their crimes. But if the criminals can be reformed they can become normal people.

I did not say that a CEO, stripped of credentials and money and dropped in a ghetto could work his way back up again; I would assume that he would retain his degree(s), if any, and a few business contacts, and I said he would be able to support himself eventually instead of being homeless, not that he would become a CEO again.

Now let's talk about me, since this thread quickly degenerated into personal attacks. I think it's funny how Vinth calls me an incomptetent loser in one thread and now says I'll be worth something to society. I don't really care.

I am a musician, and if I seek a career performing or recording, it will be difficult regardless of the state of the economy. I fully expect to spend at least one summer if not several months or years touring and living in a van, but I will not be begging and I will have a place to come home to. I also realize that if I follow another kind of work (I'm training to be a studio engineer, and am already employed as such at my college) it will be difficult to find a good job and the security of that job may be up in the air. However, while I may not have rich parents, I do have enough siblings and cousins scattered around that if I do go broke I will always have a place to stay and an address while I get back on my own feet. Failing that, I am not above military service, and the Army is always looking for healthy young men. I repeat: I will never be homeless..

I am arrogant. I do see myself, as you quite accurately put it, as a "predator amongst sheep." I am also realistic. I know what can happen; I see the obstacles, and I am confident that when they come up I will be able to deal with them. Don't think of me as some idealistic yuppie kid with his head in the clouds walking toward a cliff.