View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM       
FotNS: Ken's Rage. This game is easily the most faithful video game adaptation of anything I've ever seen. And it's so satisfying to pull of a signature move that wipes out a huge crowd of mooks. But how the hell do you decide that the name "Thouzer" is pronounced "sow-zer"?

I want to second what GW was saying about the MGS series. The innovation in that series seems to come on the cinematics side rather than the gameplay side, and the stories in those games are not so great that attention should be drawn to them. A lot of the game series that I most enjoy are guilty of having relatively little change from one game to the next, but it seems like to really enjoy the MGS series, you need to be a fan of Kojima's particular brand of storytelling, which is crummy.

That's why I was so worried when I saw he had even a tangential link to the last Castlevania game. And as it turned out, those concerns were fully justified.