View Single Post
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:26 PM        Abuse
Sorry Doopa - I some how totally missed this.......

Quote:
VIBE- I've seen you mention things about your mother, and then seen you say fond things about living with your grandmother. My question is - regarding living with your mother... did social services/police whoever intervine and take you and your siblings out of the house and away from her. If they didn't, do you think you would have wanted them to? And if that meant being placed in the care of a foster home would you still have wanted them to (if you didn't have your grandmother to go to)?
Actually, it is stranger than that. The whole family always lived with my grandmother. When social services got involved it was mom who was supposed to leave. SHe did, but nana always let her come home to sober up. Social service was lied too.
When mom was home the abuse happened, but those times got to be fewer and fewer as time went on.
I don't hink my nana every really knew the depth of what I was going through. I never told her. I never told any of my family. I just took it to keep it from happening to them.

I have nothing to compare it too, but I think if it hadn't been for my nana I would have wanted out. Even being homeless would have been prefferable to life with my mom.
I ran away once. But I came home when I thought my mother and her boyfriend at the time might turn on either my grandmother or my little sisters. I just thought it was better to have it happen to me. I was used to it.