View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM       
In other news, hey, Mirror's Edge is actually good. Also definitely one of the prettiest games I've ever played.

Actually, I wouldn't really call it a "game," it's more of a super-glorified tech demo. A linear series of seamlessly-connected scripted events, where the enemies exist to provide the illusion of threat rather than anything tangible, and because of this are such fucking horrifyingly bad shots that they would make a squadron of Imperial Stormtroopers double over and collapse in laughter. Except for when the game feels like being a fucker and has 5 of them hit every clip from their machineguns on you in about 1 second, although it only seems to happen when I don't go the way the game wants me to, so I guess it's just a more assholeish way of keeping me on the train tracks. It almost feels like if you took all the police officers out of the running sequences you'd just inexplicably drop dead if you went the wrong direction.

It's entertaining, I guess, but the wall-running flat out does not fucking work, and the combat with real actual NPC police is the most horrible and offensive use of QTE spam I've seen since the knife fight with Krauser.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 4th, 2011 at 10:09 AM.