View Single Post
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 03:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
I used to love welding class! Man, I think I saw one of those big ass acetylene tanks fall over like twice, and they never turned into wall-punching head-scooping rockets like my teacher always promised they would
Dude, my teacher went on about how God help us if one of those things got its top busted off, since it would fly around with enough force to punch straight through the cement walls and keep going. Whenever I saw one of those things fall over, I'd practically dive for cover, and he'd shout his head off at the poor bastard who did it.
Same with any backflashes into the acetylene tanks; according to our teacher, we had enough canisters to completely level the classroom, and take out a good chunk of the neighboring hallway. Whenever we heard that pop and whooshing noise, most of the class would bolt out of the room, and the teacher and I would sprint to the valves. Never saw an obese redneck run so fast in my life
Couple more stories: About a year ago, I was crossing the street, and some lady was both looking the entirely wrong way while talking on her phone, and hit me. I rolled onto the windshield and fell back down when she braked, and when I got to the sidewalk she sped off. I had a bad-ass bruise on my left thigh, and I didn't even get her license plates.
Another time, in elementary school, I was biking home down a hill with my plastic foam lunchbox dangling from the handlebar. I guess I didn't realize what would happen if it got in wheel. Lunchbox did just that, and threw me straight over the handlebars and onto my back in the street. Probably lucky that I didn't break anything.