View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 10:28 AM       
I assume your speaking of Matthew 14, since I think tht's the only palce you'll find it. Allow me.

28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

One wonders why such a great story only shows up in one out of three texts. Only in 30 is the translation 'shore' less approrpiatte, and I suspect it's an embellishment. Certainly a single sentence written in a book doesn't constitute proof or truth. Not all writing is factual reporting, after all.

But as usual, you miss the point, which is, why are you so hot and bothered about 'prooving' your religion and pointing out that others lack 'proof'. Leaving aside entirely that you have no idea what the word means or how to use it, why do you care so passionately. I can't see this as anything but evidence of a very weak and shallow faith.