Thread: RESIDENT EVIL 5
View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM       
I tried the demo the other day. Frankly, I hate any game that forces you to have an AI partner, especially when you have to divide up your limited resources with them. I could deal with the partner aspect of RE4 because there were long periods without the partner, and if you wanted, you could just have her hide in a dumpster while you took care of things.

I was glad that she at least managed to avoid getting constantly injured, but whenever I gave her ammo, she would just shoot the zombies in the chest over and over again until she was out.

And the tradeoff for the addition of a partner and the realtime inventory system is that all the big zombies (axe guy, chainsaw guy, etc) are slower to react. I guess it's only a demo and they could wind up fine tuning stuff in the game, but I doubt they'll make any significant changes to the game. I'll probably just rent it.