View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 06:12 AM       
I was on my school cricket team from 1997-2000. We were so bad, never won a game. My high score for my entire playing career was 13. Not out. And I opened. I once got a wicket, although it was more down to the fact that someone else caught it, rather than my lazy ball bouncing three times down the pitch and getting hammered down the field.

Getting padded up to go out to bat was one of the scariest things of my entire life. You sat there dreading it for hours, then when it was finally your turn to get in you had to wander out into the middle of the field with fifty pairs of eyes watching you. You get to the stumps, you stick your bat out for the umpire to tell you if it's in the middle (I don't know why, but everyone else was doing it) and then you stick your arse out in a ridiculous stance while trying not to wet your box at the thought of someone hurling a really quite hard ball at you. The bowler bowls it. You get out first ball and the other team laughs at your incompetence (as usual). Then it's just another long, embarrassing walk back to dad's car for a cry.

I haven't played it since.

I guess Pub Lover is the only one who will maybe remotely give a fuck about me and cricket right now.