View Single Post
Ooner is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKatsikas
I guess numerical order sounds fun.

2. No, we obviously are supposed to associate these guys as the "average homo" as you said, because the show is called Queer Eye! Not fashion eye, or designer eye, but queer eye. Apparently gay guys have a different eye than straight folks, or at least according to the show's title.
Good job arguing number 1.

You're right, they should call it "the boring makeover show with no hook" and just have an interior decorator and fashion guy and grooming expert who all happen to be gay but never talk about it so we don't think they're acting too gay for TV. Or they could try to find a straight guy, a gay guy, a black girl, a redhead, and um.... a monkey! Because I'll be damned if people are going to assume there aren't any chimp interior decorators! Yay for Politically Correct television! Go Captain Planet!

Quote:
3. No, I do disagree with the stereotyping of straight males, too. But as we are in the majority, and certainly don't have to worry about a silly little show's misgivings, it doesn't bother me. I'm near positive the show's ratings are comprised mainly by straight people, not gay, becuase would you want to watch a show about how hip and artistic your sexual persuasion is? No, and neither would gays. Therefore, if they're stereotyping straights, too, it doesn't matter, becuase straights are the audience, and they probably have a grand old time thinking how tasteless they are. It doesn't really bother me, becuase people don't come up to me assuming this. This show is making a wrong reflection on the gay community, and the straight one, but the gay stereotypes are the one's that will be taken seriosuly, and cause misconcpetions among the straight world. Not vice versa. Gays interact with us everyday, and I'm sure they can make their own perception of straights.
That is the most nonsensical garbage I've ever read. First, fags love queer eye like they love cock. Second, good job assuming straight people can't enjoy a show without it affecting their judgments of people, but homos will see right through it all! Even if you're not gay, you still suck more metaphorical fag cock than the fab 5 combined.

Quote:
4. Oh my God! They're actually doing things! God knows that the real gay community is sitting on their ass at home, and not doing things.
No, they're more often out fucking strangers that they share with everyone else in their small incestuous social circles. I think I like the idea that they're out decorating better, thanks.