View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
There wasn't a 1.5 quadrillion dollar debt bubble in the 1970's.

Your trying to equate a firecracker with a volcano.

1.5 quadrillion dollars.

Coolinator is bored......
You are an idiot.

I said, (and please look and reread it though I doubt you will/are able to) that if you took the inflation that occurred from the 70s until now and applied those numbers to the 70s you would see the crisis was much bigger then.

You are saying a cup of coffee is better now than it was in the 70s because Starbucks charges 5 dollars now and in the 70s diners only charged 35 cents (if they even charged that much).

The thing is, the coffee stayed the same, cost and currency are all that changed.

Look at it from another angle, did you watch the Austin Powers movies? There was a running gag about ransom demands. In the first one, Dr. Evil asked for 1 million dollars in the modern era and was laughed at. In the 60s he asked for 100 billion dollars and was again laughed at. Do you understand why Coolie? If you do, you are on the first step to understanding why equating direct figures between the 70s and now like you keep trying to do is moronic, and why I keep telling you if you factor in inflation the crisis in the 70s was worse.

EDIT: And you never answered my post in your dumb reply either. Way to be, champ

Last edited by Pentegarn : May 20th, 2010 at 10:38 PM.