View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM       
Ninja, I have a lot of fond memories of morrowind myself, but I just re-bought the GOTY edition for PC and loaded it up with 'pretty pretty' mods and the game's still so terrible in its execution that it's silly. Combat is performed so awkwardly (especially in the beginning when you can't hit anything even though your sword is clearly WHOOSHING right through it) as to make it unbearable for modern gamers ;<

Bethesda is good at creating a game world, but it seems like their talents end there. Their engines are routinely enormous pieces of shit (especially Oblivion, which is the only game that makes my computer chug), filled to the brim with bugs, and their 3d models are so terrible that the community has to release patches to 'fix' them and every other graphical object in their games promptly after release. I can't even really stand to play oblivion without 'better bodies', 'open cities', 'natural weather', and 'oscuro's oblivion overhaul' on, at LEAST. And there's at least three times as many mods required for Morrowind to be playable.