View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 12:28 AM       
I really hate my current job of working in a garden center selling plants and lawnmowers, but that is entirely because of the people I work for, rather than the job itself.

My worst job was when I was 18 working as a security guard at a visitor center far, far out in the Tasmanian wilderness. It was at least four hours drive (not that I had a car) to the nearest excuse for civilisation, and I did 8 hour night shifts by myself trying not to fall asleep (actually it was WORSE the one time I was with someone else; they would not shut up the whole time) I spent most of my time sitting inside next to the heater reading Viz comics.

One night I heard a crash, so I went outside to have a look; I was scared shitless because it was pitch black dark and I was the only human for kilometers, supposedly. I kept thinking about serial killers living out in the bush. As I walked away from the dim light of the visitor center I realised I left my torch inside, I went back to grab it and found out I had locked myself out (I did this a few times at other security jobs, actually).

Didn't find out what the crash was, but I did get to spend the next five or six hours shivering on a concrete step in the middle of nowhere, dreaming of murderers killing tourists and evading the law by living in such dense bushland. The boss didn't send anyone to give me a lift back like he was supposed to, so I had to hitch hike home with tourists.