View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:30 PM       
Willie - I didn't check the drives on another compy, but I'll do that if my replacements are having the same issues.

MetalMilitia - I was talking about hard disks, not ram.

AChimp - Yeah, well, I thought that a program that had been made for years would be able to do the task it was meant to do without too many complications. Also, it wasn't the partitioning that caused the first problem, it was PartitionMagic changing the file structure for no readily apparent reason.

I RMA'd the two SATA drives back to Newegg, and hopefully I'll have them again by the end of the week. I found out that the reason my IDE160 was acting up was because I was feeding it power through a series of daisy-chained cables powering my system fans, and feeding direct power to it from the PPU works fine. For some reason, Windows had put the drive in PIO mode, too, which I just figured out yesterday and reinstalled the Primary Drive Controller to reset it to DMA 5 mode ;<

I'll keep you all updated! STAY TUNED.