View Single Post
Copper is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:11 AM       
Quote:
As a side note, I am sick and tired of people sealing away ancient evils. Especially when they know how to destroy them. These ancient warriors were all a bunch of jackasses.

Also, modern technology needs to step it up. How come ancient tech is always so much better at destroying these evils than modern ones? And for that matter, if the anicent civilizations had these great evil destroying weapons how come they're the ones who were wiped out?

And why is it that a group of five misfits is always more effective than an army?
Alcibiades, I direct your attention to the "Grand List of Console RPG Cliches." (Full version found here.
Particularly, #62 - Thousand Year Rule
The Ancient Evil returns to savage the land every thousand years on the dot, and the last time it showed up was just about 999.9875 years ago. Despite their best efforts, heroes of the past were never able to do more than seal the Evil away again for the future to deal with (which brings up the question of just how exactly does this "sealing away" work anyway, but never mind.) The good news is that this time, the Evil will get destroyed permanently. The bad news is that you're the one who's going to have to do it.

and #155 - Evil May Live Forever, But It Doesn't Age Well
Even though it took the greatest armies in the world and all of the world's greatest magicians to seal away an ancient evil in an apocalyptic war, once said ancient evil breaks free three fairly inexperienced warriors can destroy it.

And Dr. Boogie - That being the case, maybe I'll just check out the novelization instead *laughs* Of course, that clocks in at $7.99, so...*makes scales motion with hands*