View Single Post

yabuturtle sucks
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
yab, answer this question in a satisfactory manner and I will declare you win the thread:

Why the hell should I pay for the mistakes other states laws make? Why should my life be made worse because some yutz comes over from Kentucky all hopped up on meth and starts a fight where either I or someone I love is hurt? You act like there are no consequences other than on the user himself, but what you fail to see, and what you in fact refuse to see is the reason states do not decide on an individual basis about drugs is that drugs cause severe changes in mood, physical abilities, and judgment. Far more severe than alcohol (he said cutting your weak counterargument off before it was ever made)
As I said the federal government can't make you follow good habits. What do you think people did when it WAS legal at one point? All of them were addicted to it? Not really. You can't stop people from doing this. Plus the drug dealer is gonna go out of business if they were legal now aren't they? Yes it should be up to the states. If one state wants heroin legal, that is their business. Don't like it? Move somewhere else. Using the drug itself should not be a crime. If you use meth, you're not automatically gonna attack someone. Some people use the substance but don't commit violent crimes. Someone under the influence of alcohol can start fights. Why not outlaw that while you're at it? If they have a problem with drugs, they should get help but not get thrown behind bars, where they are surrounded by people far worse than they are. If a person next to me uses a drug, I'm not going to automatically use that same drug and get addicted as well. That was his choice and his choice alone. If he's not hurting anyone or stealing anything, what does it matter if he uses the substance? What about the legal drugs doctors give out? Some of those are fucking addictive and in some ways even more dangerous than the illegal drugs. People need to take personal responsibility and not depend on the government to solve all of their problems, because that's pretty dangerous when the people get dependent on the government and want big government programs. It's never worked.

All drugs probably should be legal. Why? Because as Chris Rock said "People want to get high. Doesn't matter if you got rid of all the drugs in the world, they'll invent new ways to get high." Prohibition hasn't worked and never will.