View Single Post
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 08:17 PM        Public Schools vs. Private Schools.
You know, I'm rather suprised by the Reps. Whenever school vouchers are brought up, they are generally aimed at giving money back to those who don't go to through the public schools. You never see them aimed at ending the public school system in and of itself.

Let me ask you this. Would you be more inclined to support the elimination of public schooling if vouchers were aimed at the poor?

I will lay out a rough system:

- All public schools are eliminated.
- Taxes are lowered as a result of this; however, some of the money that went toward public schools is saved.
- Lower class families that cannot afford private schooling are given vouchers from the remaining pool of tax money that used to go toward public schools. These vouchers ensure that these families can afford schools.

If we accept that government is less efficient than market institutions, the gains are obvious: better results in education, but without sacrificing the needs of the less fortunate (see, I can be a nice guy).

Opinions?