View Single Post
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:13 PM       
in all this thread i agree with proto 100%

here's something i posted in other forums that doesnt necessarily fit totally here, since most of you liked it, but it's an argument nonetheless
---------------------------

*FUCKING SPOILERS OKAY?*

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
over philosophical
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe. the scene with the french guy was overly done, but that was pretty much it. everything else was pretty straightforward. cause, effect, choices and lack of. wow.

quote:
but there's also two sequences in which you are actually BORED. true blue boredom.

ok, i want to hear it. i was engrossed in everything this movie had to offer, because i believe nothing was written into this movie by accident or just because. this third one is going to tie everything up so spectacularly that these "boring scenes" will probably be the most important. depends on which one you were talking about.

quote:
the rave/love scene was crap/forgettable/useless/awful

you guys are on something completely off. that scene was ART. it was one of the best love scene's i've seen in a movie in a VERY long time. the music (i dont know if it was juno or not) by itself was crap, but it was so simple that it not only fit, but even enhanced it for me. you goons can troop in here and flame me, it wont change a bit.

quote:
Not one but THREE Juno Reactor songs

i wonder if those were during a few fight scenes because i was questioning it as soon as it started (it was kinda crap) but it took such a back seat after 15 seconds it never fucking mattered anyway.

quote:
Lots of bad dialogue

listening for it, didnt hear any, sorry.

quote:
Everything Zion related was kind of lame. Those annoying "Stomp" percussion people are crap. They are like a virus, getting into every part of pop culture... go bash a trash can somewhere else, you dropouts!

hey i think they're decent. nothing new, but ok , as for zion being lame, i certainly didnt think so, it was just really primal. and not in a bad way. i thought that scene was really well done guys.

quote:
SOOOOOOOOO chessy. So so chessy. The "I squeeze your heart" scene looks cool but i laughed SO much!

again, is it cool to hate heavy romance in an action movie, especially for this one, which was really well done? and as for those that said that we didnt see their relationship, does he have to constantly look her in the eye every single time and say something dumb? no, it's just how it was. it was love, they understood it once they said it once. neo was worried about trinity, and trinity promised him she wouldnt leave. that was about all that was really said. and all that was needed.

quote:
Mr millions smiths
blah!

i say fucking cool. and they managed to give a good reason why he could do that so many times. they already have showed his overzealousness in the first matrix, so it would only make sense he would try to grab all as an independent.

and also.. about the fight scenes being too long. do you people just let these things whizz by you? the fucking detail is astounding! sheesh!

quote:
There is NO story in here, is a mess that at the end they try to fix with the architect but is too late .

NO STORY???!!! they took the entire story of the last one, and systematically made it les and less grand as they replaced with another story that made the one, the agents, zion, and everything seem so impossibly trivial! which means that the ending's just going to be fantastically mind-blowing (in case you didnt notice, i have total faith in this movie). come on. remember in the first one the agents seems to be the be all end all, the gods, those that you had to avoid at all costs, and this ones makes them a TOOL. it rocked me back is what it did. morpheus' prophecy: wrong. the one: the one in a SERIES of ones. warring programs inside even the matrix, which gets trivialized by another reality altogether as humankind gets created again and again.

i'm tired, but i'll dive into this again, since i thought this was fucking fantastic second movie. which'll be my last point. the first movie set (excellently) the ground work, the concepts, the beginning. the second movie is a fight to resolve problems and events in the first one. so what will it mainly have? action. yeah. and oh, wait nothing's really going to be resolved in this one, because the third one is going to do it! why the hell was neo able to do in the real world what he could only do in the matrix? or is that even the real world. why could he do that, then fall into a coma?! you guys must realize that there's stilla third movie that's obviously going to make everything fit!