View Single Post
Grislygus' best friend
Azrael is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
You're the one that conveys a stark ignorance of history, and I'm the one that fails because of it? Brilliant.
I see no stark ignorance of history in my post. It is a known fact that the Vatican is sitting on top of a veritable mountain of historical, theological, and cultural documents, that for whatever reason, they refuse to release to the public. They don't even deny this fact. As far as the rest of religious history goes, I know plenty about Christianity's very violent and bloody rise to prominence. It's history is downright repulsive, and is littered with the ashes millions of so-called non-believers. Organized religion has brought plenty of death and despair to the world throughout it's time.

Quote:
I guess the main crux of the movement is that religious tolerance shouldn't be a given any longer.
When was the last time that religious tolerance was a given in the world? Muslims for sure don't believe in it, and every Christian evangelist I see on the TV sure has a wealth of hate speak to share about non-Christians. It works both ways. Except hate speak is perfectly acceptable when it's coming from underneath the shroud of God.