View Single Post
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
this is gonna sound mean but i don't get how can someone feel so attached to a dog, i only liked the song that's why i asked
It's okay. Not everyone is going to be affected the same way.

I can't say any specific reason why people became attached to Seymour (since I assume you mean the created character over an actual dog). It might be because they owned a dog in real life. It might be because they were empathic towards the Seymoar's feelings (the episode made it clear that he missed Fry very much). It might be because they felt sorry for Fry (since it's clear that he missed Seymour very much). I don't know. You ask any different person who saw that episode and was affected by it, and they all might have different reasons.

Maybe it's a little hard for you to understand how someone could care for a cartoon dog. I'd say that's one of the great things of humanity. Humans have the ability to imagine. So for the 22 minutes they saw the episode, the people who were affected by it felt sad for Fry and his dog, since for the duration of the episode, they saw them as real individuals with real feelings, rather than as the product of 9 months of writing, voice-acting, animation, ect.. That's about all I could say to answer you inquiry.