View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 06:46 AM       
Cursed Mountain.

Imagine Silent Hill in Tibet with less grimy otherworld shifts and more ghosts and incense burning and you'll probably be thinking of something pretty close to Cursed Mountain.

I think the only things I don't like so far are the Wiimote finishing moves and door unlocks, which register cleanly about half the time, and the silly slideshow cutscenes. If they had just rendered them in 3D or animated them like Thief has they'd be more interesting, but it's not really a deal-breaker. I'm glad there's a subtitle option, too, because the main character tends to mumble a fair bit of his narration.

Combat kind of reminds me of Killer7 or a really slow-paced Resident Evil 4. The sound effects are fantastic, and the developers seemed to realize that they weren't making a PS1 game and actually put work into making the game look nice.

Anyway, I love the game, and y'all should check it out if you're in the mood for a slow-burning horror game. It's not really scary, I think, but it can get harrowing if only because the controls aren't very good.