View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 03:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
I think another big reason your examples won, Kevin, is because they also focused on regionalism over political parties.
You're right on that count, and in reality, isn't that the way it should be???

Quote:
He didn't focus on the national party. He focused on Virginia and what he would do.
Which is sort of ironic, because all of his attempts to regionalize the race ended up getting him tossed nito the national spotlight (SOTU response).

Quote:
Rudy won't get the GOP nod. He's a New York Republican. Same with Pataki. Pro-gay rights. Pro-abortion. Pro-gun control. Thats the big disadvantage to regionalism. As you pointed out, you have to please the far end of your party.
Pataki is a non-starter, but good runningmate material. Rudy isn't just a NY Republican though. He's "America's Mayor." National security will be just as key in 2008 as it is now. He will run on that, on 9/11, and will also run in a similar fashion as Warner/Kaine. Nevermind the fact that the city budget was a mess right b/f 9/11, but why digress?

Quote:
Admit it. You would love to see McCain as president. The press conferences alone would more than make up for any ideological differences you have with him.
I've said it here before, but if the race is Hillary vs. McCain, I will either vote third party (not that voting in DC matters anyway) or vote for McCain.

Warner/Feingold is my dream ticket.